Friday, January 28, 2011

Having a 'Kid Friendly' House




I'm laughing at myself today because I definitely do NOT have what the title of this post describes.

My beautiful, precious niece is coming over to my house tomorrow for the first time and I'm so "escited" (as she would say it). At first I didn't think anything of it and then I was like.... OH CRAP! What do kids do? What do they eat? What about breakables?!

The funny thing is, I basically helped to raise my two younger sisters and back then, I would not have had a problem. I knew what kid shows were on TV and I knew what to fix these kids for every meal. I knew what they were and were not allowed to do, etc. I think I'm just out of practice.

Ok so maybe the situation isn't as dramatic as this entry portrays but I couldn't help but chuckle. I have nothing but expensive, ceramic plates (from the wedding, I don't spend money like that) and nothing appropriate for an almost 3 year old to eat off of. The only thing in my house that she would POSSIBLY find entertaining are my two cats - I'll let you know how THAT goes. Hehehe!

So, I'll end by saying my wonderful sister has put me at ease. Apparently Lilly isn't that difficult to please. I have to also say that, despite everything I've written, I can't wait! I love my niece and my big sis and I'm so happy they're coming to visit (whether or not I own a sippy cup).

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love it Sammy. You are a wonderful aunt and godmother to Lilly and just being with you is all we need. Heck we are happy to eat on paper towels or even toilet paper if you dont have that - as long as we get to see you!!! Okay maybe not the toilet paper part but you get the idea ;o)

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paper plates are on my grocery list. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete