Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions Shmesolutions

I really don't like the idea of New Year Resolutions because, ultimately, they never work. People do really well for the month of January and then fall off the bandwagon until the following year. Anyone with a gym membership can vouch for this because it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a parking spot in the evenings during the month of January; am I right??

This year, though, I have a confession to make. I kind of have a resolution. HOWEVER, I like to think of it as a coincidence. With mine and Jeff's work scheduls in conjunction with the holidays, we sort of got out of the healthy routine we were in for the majority of the summer/fall. We started eating food that was simply convenient, we never made it the gym, and we were drinking/smoking more often because of "stress" (stress is an excuse, I'm not going to lie).

So, we've turned a corner and decided to stop being lazy and start being smart about our health again. It just so happens to also be a New Year so call it a resolution if you must (blah, blah, blah). We're back in the gym and Lord knows we need it! We started planning our meals again and I can feel a difference already. We have cut back on drinking and smoking (none of either during the week and probably not every weekend).

So that's that! Did any of you have a 'resolution' this year? It can be our little secret :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope your resolution works! Mine, and it's an everyday resolution, is to spend more time in growing in my faith!! I've really slacked a lot, and truly haven't sat and read in months! So much in our daily lives, but that's never an excuse! So, I'm vowing to do that! OH, and work out and lose 10 lbs :) we'll see which one is easier for me to keep up with! I'm HOPING to do both in the mornings before the kids get up, it hasn't worked out for me yet :-0

    ReplyDelete