4 days late; My bad.
I hope all of you had a happy and safe New Years! Jeff and I spent the evening with his sisters and their 'sig others' at a local place called Shooter McGee's. We love Shooter's because they have wonderful food and they're in walking distance from our apartment. [Reading between the lines, that means we can get sloshed there and walk home. Carefully. Sometimes] So Shooter's was offering a 5-course dinner for $30/person which included a champagne toast at midnight. Can I just tell you... it was one of the best dinners I've ever had. I'm kind of a foodie in the sense that I really like to eat so for my fellow foodies out there, here was the menu:
First Course: Black-eyed Pea Soup
I had never had this before, nor heard of it, but it was to DIE for. I have to figure out how to make it.
Second Course: Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
I don't usually like blue cheese but this included bacon bits *swoon*.
Third Course: Lump Crab Meat Stuffed Avocado
Enough said.
Fourth Course (entree): Beef Wellington with Mashed Potatoes
I'm salivating just thinking about it.
Fifth Course (dessert): Chocolate Mouse
Smile.
After dinner, we spent the next 45 minutes at the bar waiting for the ball to drop (insert typical HAPPY NEW YEAR story here) and then we went back to our place where our house guests were entertained by Mr. Rat and the Big Cat :) THE END.
No comments:
Post a Comment