Oh, the irony....
Years ago, I worked for the Boars Head Inn in Charlottesville, VA where my supervisor lovingly nicknamed me "Yappy" because of my talkative nature :) From what I hear, this is not a new thing. I've always been a talker and I'm sure people just LOVE that about me, right? (You're reading my blog so I know you love it. Ha!)
Anyway, do you ever have those days where you just don't feel like talking? Last night, I went to the gym after work and came home to a rather inquisitive husband. All of his questions and statements were completely harmless like - how was your workout? were you busy at work today? what do you want for dinner? Funny thing is, I wasn't in a bad mood, I just didn't feel like talking! There was nothing to say! My workout was fine, my day at work was fine, I didn't care what we were going to eat for dinner!
I'm not upset with him about this and I ultimately got over my muteness but do you ever get that way? I would have been perfectly fine without speaking a word last night! Maybe I just didn't have any energy? Hmmmmm....
I for real used to say, "Can we hang out and not talk tonight? I just want to be with you but not speak with you." and it worked. Just let'em know up front!
ReplyDeleteGood call! I'm realizing that this typically happens after a workout. It's like I need an hour to chill out before I can muster up the energy to do anything else. I mentioned something about it to him the other day and he said "Yea, I noticed." LOL!!!
ReplyDeletePerfectly normal reaction to talking my dear. But funny story...last night at my women's group one of the gals brought up the subject of a "silnet retreat"...in other words, you go on a 4 day "vacation" where no tlaking is allowed at all. Most of the women there agreed that this is something they wouled like to do. My opinion was a littel different though. I told htem I liek the idea of a "reverse" slient retreat. Reverse in that I would like to go for 4 days where NO ONE is my entire house got to speak at all EXCEPT for me! Maybe that way I would get a word in edgewise for a change!
ReplyDeleteThat's really funny, Rene! A 4-day silent retreat might be a little much but I could definitely go for 24 hours. I could watch TV though, right? :)
ReplyDelete