Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Festivities

I hope all of you had a great holiday weekend; I know we did! I should probably wait to post the details of our weekend until I have pictures but I'm certain that my readers couldn't stand the suspense......*crickets*

Here's the low-down:

Friday - I'm having trouble remembering exactly what we did Friday. Is that bad? I'll get back to it.

Saturday - After lazing about for the majority of the day, we went to Total Wine to get some vino for the events of the evening. If you don't love Total Wine then you are insane. Not only do they have every kind of wine and beer imaginable (with the exception of the brand Le'Jamelle... I'm still P'Oed about that) but they do FREE wine tastings on the regular. Free + wine = Awesome to the max. After perusing through TW, we went home to get ready for our date night!! We decided to bum around Old Towne, Alexandria for a while before our 7:45pm dinner reservation at Chart House. For those of you that live in NOVA and love seafood, this restaurant is a must! Not only is the food delicious but the restaurant sits directly on the Potomac River and it's perfect for a couple's night out. Comment if you'd like menu recommendations. We haz them. After dinner, we spent the rest of the night sitting on the balcony, drinking our wine from TW and listening to Lady Antebellum. *smile*

Sunday - Royce and Amy day!! Royce and Amy day!! Mexican Fiesta!! Mexican Fiesta!! We love it when these two come over and we love it even more when there is food involved! The night started with a "family trip" to the grocery store and a run in with a crackhead at the local 7-11. Yep. Then we went home and Romy (Royce/Amy combo) made homemade dips! Royce made guacamole and Amy made this amazing Spinach & Artichoke dip! Royce said that I had to promise to say that Amy's dip was better even if it wasn't but it was the bees knees for real. I could have filled up on just those dips but I'm glad I didn't because Jeff made homemade enchiladas for the first time. OH. MY. GOD! When did he learn how to make this and why hasn't he made it before?! It was the most amazing dish! We still have a few leftover and I will be eating them tonight for dinner - all 5,000 delicious calories of them. After dinner, we played an intense game of caps and had a few rounds of trivia from my bathroom book. Successful night? Check!

Royce broke a lantern. Just sayin'.

Monday - GREAT day! Why? Because we did nothing. Absolutely nothing. I think there is still an indention in the couch from my butt. We watched marathons of Lockup and Hoarders until the VT game last night and, in respect for my husband, I will not discuss said game.

Happy end of summer!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha great night...lantern breaking...lantern breaking..hmmm...nope doesnt ring a bell

    ReplyDelete