Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Love Fall!

Fall is, by far, my #1 most favorite season out of the four! There are so many reasons to love it (aside from Halloween but we've discussed that) and I'd like to share those with you:



Football! I come from a football lovin' family and I'm married to a football lovin' man. I'm a fan by default. One of the hardest things in the world is being a Redskins fans but I can't help it. There are few things better than a Sunday afternoon on the couch, watching the Redskins, drinking a few cold ones and eating some TGI Fridays appetizers :)



The leaves, they are a'changin! Last year around this time, Jeff and I took a Saturday to drive through Skyline Drive and have a picnic. Checking out the beautiful fall foliage is something not to be missed! Autumn in Virginia is so beautiful for this reason.



Fall is the perfect time for wine tasting with friends! This picture is from my Bachelorette party last year - we went to Bluemont Vineyard and Veramar out in Loudoun county and it couldn't have been more fun. Now that the wedding's over, I can't wait to get some friends together and get back out there!



I usually don't really care about clothes but I do love the transition from Summer to Fall. I love pulling out my coats and sweaters and putting away the shorts and tank tops. I love bringing out my boots and putting away my flip flops. On a side note, I love this coat. Jeff, if you're reading this, take the hint (I love you).



I love going to Orchards! Not only can you get cheap fruit, but it's just fun to walk through the trees and enjoy the sites! Jeff and I are planning to do this on Saturday if anyone wants to come along! We going out to Marham, VA (out 66 West) to an Orchard who's name escapes me. While we're out there, we'll likely go to Naked Mountain vineyard :)



Last but not least, I love Thanksgiving! It is the only time of year where I can stuff myself full of food and not feel guilty about it! It is fun to be around family and the menu is always fantastic.

I hope your Autumn is a great one!

2 comments:

  1. I COMPLETELY agree with you! The weather is my favorite. 60s to about mid-70s and low humidity is the best. Occassionally lower is good...the kind of weather where you curl up under a blanket with a book or hot chocolate. Love the picture you have of the leaves. So much color! I've never been to a wine tasting/festival. Mike and I have always wanted to do it, and have even been invited to tag along, but our schedules never worked out. :-( And as for Thanksgiving, aside from Christmas, it's my favorite, too. I think I'm in charge of the meal this year for me and Mike, since our families are traveling away and we both have to work. :-( again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even get to the weather! What was I thinking! These crisp mornings are so nice. You should definitely go wine tasting sometime. Some places are FREE - Prince Michel, for example. My favorite thing on a fall Saturday is to go to a vineyard (or 2, or 3) taste the wines on their list, buy a bottle and have a picnic. Most vineyards will have a picnic area.

    Let me know if you need any Thanksgiving recipes. Jeff and I did Thanksgiving ourselves last year.

    ReplyDelete