
I think I'm going to be the minority on this so get your comments ready.
I'm really, really not in to Halloween.
I'm trying to think of good reasons why and this is what I've come up with:
- Halloween costs money. Between decorations, costumes, candy, and whatever alcohol you buy for whatever parties you throw and/or attend, you're out at least $100 every year.
- I've never really had an amazing, all out, balls to the wall Halloween experience. I guess all the hype just doesn't make sense to me because of this?? Iunno.
- My husband's not in to it which, by default, makes it even less appealing.
- I'm not a creative person. I cannot just come up with ideas for costumes and, if I could, I wouldn't know how to go about making them.
- Jeff and I aren't in to the whole scary thing (i.e. - Haunted Houses, Scary Movies). Isn't that what Halloween is all about? Oh no?? It's another excuse to drink?! Pardon my ignorance.
You can call me Debby Downer if you'd like, it won't hurt my feelings (much). It's juuuust not my thing. I welcome debate on this topic and would love for someone to prove me wrong.
I'm not necessarily arguing with you on this one. I think that Halloween is actually more of a kid's holiday anyway, what with the dressing up, the cute...uh, I mean spooky decorations, and all the candy. I like Halloween, but it's nowhere near my favorite holiday. I like to decorate for it, however, I usually decorate more for fall than Halloween itself. I've got a couple Halloween things, though. And now, living where Mike and I do, the neighborhood is FULL of young kids, so I am looking forward to some trick-or-treaters hopefully! I do agree that people use it as yet another excuse to drink, unfortunately...
ReplyDeleteI totally agree! Every year, I buy candy just in case we get trick-or-treaters because that's probably the best part of it for me. It should stay a kids holiday as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad I wasn't completely alone on this one. LOL!
ReplyDeleteSam, I hate Halloween with a passion. Always have. It's a waste of money, time and energy. Plus, I work with 110 children every day. The last thing I need is for them to hopped up on Halloween candy for the next month.
ReplyDeleteHalloween is stupid. I'm totally with you on this one.
xoxo
I too am not a fan at all of Halloween. Not at all. Silly, inane, no need for a holiday holiday! Makes no logical sense, etc. Taht said, I must admit that your mamma and I did have fun dressing you and Jamie up and taking to friends' houses for trick or treatin...but we only took you to friends and family homes...not the whole neighborhood and never to a stranger's house! And that WAS a long time ago :)
ReplyDeletePS Your Uncle Bryan did carve a similar jack o lantern last year to the one in your pic..I believe he set a bottle ( Beer or root beer I do not remember) Beside. Have to admit it was funny!
ReplyDeleteI hate it too!
ReplyDeletea little late... but i can't stand halloween. i'm definitely the minority amongst our friends and i turn down most halloween party invites...
ReplyDelete