Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Workout Routine

Jeff and I have desperately fallen off the bandwagon with diet and exercise over the last 2 months. I'd like to use moving and a job change as the excuse but really, I could come up with just about any reason not to eat right or workout. (i.e. - It's really hot outside so I don't want to get all sweaty... Let's get ice cream!!).

But anyway, we're trying to get back in to it slowly but surely. Why is it so much harder to get back in to a healthy routine then it is to get off of one?? So the cigarettes are thrown away and we aren't buying nearly as much alcohol as we'd like to (like how I put that?) and we are planning our meals every day. No more fast food, pizza, and Chinese buffet (mmmmmmmmm, chicken lo mein.....)

So to get me back in to the gym is like getting Lindsey Lohan off the juice so I'm going at this from a different angle. Getting on the elliptical and doing crunches sounds like absolute torture to me so my new "thing" is Racquetball! We have a beautiful indoor Racquetball court at our new apartment complex and Jeff and I recently purchased rackets. We've played together a couple of times and we really, really like it. It allows us to be a little competitive, get the stress out from the work day, but also get a killer workout! Hopefully I'll start seeing some results... I think the trick is just getting back in to an active routine. I have to say that I definitely feel better when I'm healthier and I have much more energy. They say it takes 30 days to form or break a habit. I think I'm on day 3 but you have to start somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck :) Changing your lifestyle is definitely a challenge, but think of how much better you'll feel a month from now- and that makes it worth it!
    I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete