Around the time Jeff and I got married, several people told me that Jeff and I would continue learning new stuff about one another. I figured - there's no way! I know everything about this guy down to his Mother's maiden name and his shoe size! I was wrong, very wrong. I don't care how long you're with someone, I honestly think that's impossible to STOP learning about them. I bring this up because of an example over the weekend.
Jeff and I had a wonderful, lazy Easter holiday together. Since we had given up pasta for lent, we engorged ourselves in Mac N Cheese and Spaghetti while watching a movie in the afternoon and then catching the 5pm service at Holy Trinity. After church, we hit the grocery store to get our spaghetti fixin's when Jeff asked me, "Do you like Jelly Beans?"
To be honest, I don't really like Jelly Beans or any candy of that type (Mike N Ikes, etc). However, I don't hate them. So my answer was something along those lines.... Anyway, this guy LOVES Jelly Beans and I had no idea. He was so disappointed that no one gave him Jelly Beans for Easter (Like I knew!!) that he just had to buy a bag for himself at the grocery store. I chuckled and told him to go for it. I was standing in the checkout line waiting for him to come back with his "small bag" (as he called it) of JB's only to realize that he didn't mean "small" at all. What he meant was HUGE, GIGANTIC, MAMMOTH-SIZED bag. I honestly think that we'll have enough of these suckers to last until next Easter. I just hope my honey is happy :)
That's too funny! Ya'll are adorable. I've never met the guy, but I can tell that you two adore each other!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sam!
ReplyDelete