This is a prime example of what I was talking about in my "His Plan" post:
As you read in the "moving on" post, Jeff and I had seriously planned on moving to Charlotte, NC this summer. We were so ready to make a change and live in a different area, however, God must have had something else in mind...
A few weeks ago, Jeff was presented with a job opportunity (a promotion) at the Key Bridge Marriott in Arlington. This would be a great chance for him to beef up his resume and would make it easier for us to move/transfer in a couple of years. While we were disappointed in the idea of NOT moving to Charlotte, we couldn't deny that this would be a great opportunity for us. However, God must have something ELSE in mind....
Jeff worked for weeks trying to get an interview with Key Bridge. He sent countless amounts of documentation in addition to completing a LONG on-line assessment and having a phone interview with a Marriott recruiter. Unfortunately, he was informed yesterday that he didn't get the job. At first this news was disappointing but we are slowly realizing that "our" plans are just not what we're supposed to be doing (I guess).
So we're back to the drawing board. The new plan is for Jeff and I to keep our current jobs but move away from Centreville and closer to Alexandria. Our commutes are just too long. At this point, we're hunting for apartments in the Shirlington or Old Towne Alexandria areas and we have to be out of our apartment by July 9th. Stay tuned!
Old Town is too expensive, and Shirlington is a shit hole. I lived on the other side of 395 in the Braddock Rd./King St. vicinity. If I were you, I'd think more Arlington or even Potomac Yard. There are some nice places there.
ReplyDeleteJust a suggestion. Happy hunting!
Thanks for the advice! We actually went for an apartment that is walking distance from Landmark Mall off of Duke Street. It's called Barton Crossing and we love it! A close friend of mine used to live just across the street and so I'm very familiar with the neighborhood and we love it!
ReplyDeleteYay!! That is closer to me!
ReplyDeleteI know!! It's closer to a lot of my friends so I'm very excited!
ReplyDelete