Thursday, February 23, 2012

If at first you don't succeed.....

So I've fallen off the exercise band wagon more times than I care to count. The bottom line is - I hate the gym. The whole environment is uncomfortable and boring. I've tried to find ways to make it entertaining and it just isn't my thing. I know that working out isn't supposed to be "fun" but I really don't care for "boring" either. I know so many people that enjoy exercising and I really want to develop that mentality. I've tried classes, different types of gyms, walking/running outside, playing racquetball and/or tennis with Jeff, etc. I think my problem stems from a genetic lazy streak; that's my only answer.

Anyway, I'm trying something new (again). My coworker and I stumbled across an article on the Marie Claire website. Literally, we stumbled upon it! I found a new website: www.stumbledupon.com. It's awesome. Basically, it is a four week workout challenge that you can do at home. Every day, there is a 20 minute cardio portion followed by a list of exercises that target certain areas of the body. If done right, the whole thing should take about 40 minute, 5 days a week. The routine targets different parts of the body every day and incorporates cardio - any type of cardio you like. Our plan is to do the weight/strength training exercises at work during our lunch break. That leaves us with 20 minutes of cardio to do after work - totally doable, right? Right.

If you'd like to read more about it, go to www.marieclaire.com/health-fitness/news/better-body.

No comments:

Post a Comment