This morning, I was paying bills online and found out that my credit card had been compromised. Whoever was using it had spent about $400 in the last 24 hours. Last week, I had paid off the balance of this credit card and had not used it - I knew that the charges were not mine. I thought of two things that I wanted to share with you all:
1) Keep an eye on all of your financial accounts - regularly. This card had a zero balance and I had not planned on checking it today but, thankfully, I did. Even if you have a credit card with a zero balance, keep a close eye on the account.
2) When making online purchases, use a credit card versus a debit card. I got lucky -I can live without my credit card for a few weeks without a problem but I could NOT live without my bank account. Clearing up these problems takes 2-4 weeks.
Be an educated consumer!
No comments:
Post a Comment