Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tim Tebow



I'm just going to come right out and say it. I love Tim Tebow and I don't care who knows it. There are a lot of people that hate on him and I say "Poo Poo to you!"

I would like to briefly make my case on why I like/love TT:

- He is a Christian and he doesn't hide it. So many people are afraid of being (or not being) politically correct. Forget that! If he wants to thank God for the gifts that he's been given, good! What is so wrong with someone quietly saying a prayer of thanks on the sideline? Do people get ridiculed for doing the Lambo (sp) leap? His parents are Christian missionaries, ok? He grew up in a very religious household where you don't hide your faith - you share it. Get over it, people. (Amen)

- He is humble. He never toots his own horn. He is clear about the fact that he is thankful for his teammates and that their wins are not a one-man-show. His teammates are thankful to have him on board. He has been thrown in to the spotlight and is doing a really nice job as a rookie quarterback (but he won't tell you that).

- Is anyone reading this an NFL quarterback? Anyone? Did any of you play football throughout your high school and college career? Anyone get the Heisman trophy? Anyone get drafted to the NFL and become a starting quarterback in your first year? No? DIDN'T THINK SO!

- Did Tebow ask for the camera to be in his face every two seconds? It is not like he goes running to the closest camera after every play to make sure they're watching him. He is in the public eye. Everything he does on the field (whether it's passing, handing off, running the ball or PRAYING) is going to be seen on live television.

So many people in this world preach tolerance and respect. I think this is a good opportunity to put that in to works.

No comments:

Post a Comment