Friday, January 20, 2012

GOP Nominees

I'm "going there." I want to talk a little about the current pool of GOPs running for the Republican nomination. By definition, I am a Republican. My family is predominantly Republican. That is the party that shares beliefs that are closest to mine. I don't always agree with everything they do/say, but it's pretty close.

I've heard a lot of folks say that the GOP nominees suck this time around. I respectfully disagree. Three out of the four remaining GOP nominees suck. I intend to vote in this year's primary election for Dr. Ron Paul. Dr. Paul has some pretty controversial (aka - brilliant) ideas and I would like to share some of those with you.

Congressman Paul is against big government. He has and continues to advocate for huge reduction in the size of the government and a return to the basic principals written in the Constitution. He believes in Liberty. According to www.ronpaul.org he is a strong advocate for sound monetary policy and an outspoken critic of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary measures. He is an unwavering advocate of pro-life and pro-family values (he has been a physician since the 60's and has delivered over 4,000 babies). Dr. Paul consistently voted to lower or abolish federal taxes, spending and regulation, and uses his House seat to actively promote the return of government to its proper constitutional levels.

I would like to provide you with a quick overview of his record as well. This is also found on www.ronpaul.org:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.
He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

I'm voting to turn America around. Dr. Paul is the only candidate that stands by the principals that this country is based upon. I hope that you'll consider him in the upcoming primaries. The media has completely ignored him but I ask that you not make the same mistake.

That's it, thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment