Well, the beach vacation that I discussed here ended up being a mixed bag....
Pros: I had a really great time with Jeff's family. We had a lot of laughs, had some great food and enjoyed a beautiful church service at St. Egbert's Catholic Church in Morehead City, NC. I came away with a nice tan and some great memories! I also played paddle ball for the first time which was REALLY fun. The ocean was a little too cold to swim in but the weather was perfect for laying out.
Cons: Car trouble! My car has been an issue for the last month or so and it decided to rear its ugly head this weekend. Two coil packs went out and cost us $350 to fix (Google a coil pack if you would like to know what it is). On top of that, I lost my glasses and won't be able to get them replaced for over a week! I thought I could handle 'not seeing' for a few days but this is getting old, quickly. Poor Jeff got burnt to a crisp. We're talking painful, red, blistering, peeling kind of burnt. It is getting better day by day but it did not make for a pleasant trip for him. To top it off, it took us 7 hours to get home in bumper to bumper traffic on I-95.
So yea, I would call that a mixed back. I haven't decided whether the pros outweigh the cons just yet. Unfortunately, our "cheap" vacation turned out to be more expensive than we thought. Oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment