Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Another Christmas Post...

I know that everyone is blogging about Christmas right about now but it's sort of the "thing to do" and I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon. Call me a lemming if you want to - I don't care - pffft!!!

Jeff and I were packing for our trip to his parents last night and I stopped folding and organizing for a minute to ask him, "Do you remember what I was doing this time, last year?" Of course he had no idea. Then I reminded him that I was FREAKING OUT because our wedding was only 3 weeks away. This time last year, we hadn't nailed down our guest list (RSVPs are the worst..) and he hadn't signed the final contract for the reception!! Needless to say, I'm a much better person to be around this year now that the wedding stuff is over. It is hard to believe that this is our first Christmas together as husband and wife and that our first anniversary is right around the corner. Time really does fly when you're having fun!

Usually, Christmas is a hectic time for me. I have a lot of places to visit and a lot of friends/family to see. Mind you, I love it and I wouldn't trade it for the world. This is the first Christmas that I'll be away from my family. I have mixed emotions about it. While I'm really going to miss everyone, it will be nice to be in ONE place this time around and I'm also excited to see Jeff's family traditions. He hasn't been with his family for Christmas in 3 years so it's only fair and I'm thrilled for him.

With that, I wish all of my readers (all 2 of you) a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy this time with your friends and family and don't let the Holidays go by without remembering the REAL reason for the season. Take a moment to say a prayer, thanking God for sending His son, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment