Back in January, Jeff and I were blessed to be able to go to Jamaica for our honeymoon! We had such a wonderful time there. Unfortunately, it set us a little over the edge financially. Our outlook was - we will only get one honeymoon so let's make the best of it; we did!
Going to Jamaica in January basically meant no summer vacations for us this year. We were bummed about it at first but then so many other, wonderful things happened! Jeff and I moved from Centreville to Alexandria, I got a mini-promotion, and Jeff got a new position at the Tyson's Corner Marriott. Who needs a vacation when you have that many life changes?!
Then reality set in... Everything happened so quickly this summer that we now find ourselves exhausted! We need a change of scenery if only for a short time. So, how do we do this on a limited budget? We visit friends and family!!! (Don't you love it?)
Jeff's job is relatively slow right now so he is taking a 6 day trip to Colorado to visit his parents. This works out beautifully because he'll get to spend some long-overdue time with them and we won't break the bank doing it. Plus, he loves Durango! He'll be doing all the things that I don't particularly care for (i.e. fishing, camping, hiking). He leaves Thursday and comes back next Wednesday. I'll miss him horribly but having some time apart will be good for both of us since we see each other every day now. HA!
I'm leaving this Thursday for Galway, NY! I'm going to visit my best friend Ashley, her husband Brian, and their new baby Taylor!! I can't wait to visit them and see where they've been living the last couple of years. Also, I'm taking my first train trip! I've never been on an Amtrak so this will be a new experience. I'm excited to take the train through a part of the country that I haven't seen before. I connect in NYC (haven't been there either) and while I won't spend much time there, at least I can say I've seen it! I'll be staying with them and will come home on Monday. Can't wait!!
Will blog upon my return and tell you all about it :)
The KEY to a long lasting marriage: Separate vacations! hee hee hee!Love you!
ReplyDelete