Thursday, May 13, 2010
Tough Stuff
I just have to say it - Jeff's work schedule sucks. I love him for working so hard and couldn't ask for a better husband but I just get tired of not seeing him very often. He's working nights this whole week which means that the only time I'll actually see him is either when I'm half asleep or when he's half asleep. It's definitely hard on both of us to have to communicate via phone or email 6 out of 7 days in a week and we both tend to get frustrated. Thankfully, we don't really argue because of this but it definitely creates a strain some weeks. Any ideas on little things that we can do for each other during the week to help pass the time before we see each other again? (We've left each other notes and stuff like that - anything else?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey! I have the same problem you do. I work during the day and Mike works at night, so he's gone by the time I get home. He usually calls me when he can, which is two or three times during the day. And when he can, he'll stop by my work and eat lunch with me. Other than that, we try to do "date nights" on the two nights a week he's off. Sometimes I'll stay up until he comes home after midnight, but I can't do that very often, unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteWell he is bound to have a dinner break...go meet him at his place and take dinner to him!
ReplyDeleteand dont underestimate the effect a little note on the bathroom mirror written in lipstick can have to boost his spirits :)
I know its tough..Jim and I spent most nights apart for 3 years while he travled to Michigan and back every week...it was sucky, but you will make it through it....just use your girlfirneds to vent on..about anything..life, work,etc...and make sure that the time you do have with your hubby is all positive...since you are both frrustrated with the situation dont compound that with brining the daily frustration of other junk....got to lighten that load up with positive...got to really be each other's refuge in a tough world!
And of course a visit to his work wearing nothing but a trench coat.... :)
Thanks, guys!
ReplyDeleteSam - we try to call each other a few times each day because really, that's the only way that we get to communicate! LOL! I love the date night thing, too. We try to do that pretty often - money can be an issue with that though.
Rene - I love the idea of going to visit him on his dinner breaks. The only problem is that they're usually around 9pm and that is when I'm usually getting ready for bed because I have to be up at 5:45am the next day... However, it's a good idea for a Friday or Saturday! You're right, keeping our communication positive is definitely key...