Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Forgetfulness

We all haz it (but especially the men in our lives). I'm not going to lie, I have to write myself a list for just about anything if I want it to get done. However, I'm a self-diagnosed forgetter and so I do whatever I can to remedy the problem (lists, calendars, setting the alarm on my phone to remember to buy milk at the grocery store, the usual).

My husband, on the other hand, hasn't yet recognized his forgetfulness. I usually have to tell him something 4 or 5 times in order for it to stick (only to have him call me in the middle of a busy work day asking me a question about that thing I've already repeated 4-5 times.....).

So I've gotten in to a bad habit about complaining to him, and others, about his forgetfulness. *Bad Sam* I realize that this is now a bad habit because I'm quickly learning that he's not the only gentleman with this issue- it's a blanket problem! Some friends of mine recently divulged that their men did the same thing! (However, I rarely hear them complain about it.....odd)

So I ask you - how do you deal with male forgetfulness without sounding like a nag? How do you sweetly tell your sig other that he needs to write $h!t down and stop asking you stupid questions in the middle of your work day? Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Send him a text message in the middle of the day asking him to do what you already asked him to do, but make it sound like he'd be doing you SUCH a favor if he did. "Honey I TOTALLY forgot milk. Will you stop on the way home? Love you SOOO much"
    Works every time :)

    ReplyDelete