Saturday, April 28, 2012
Stupid Firewall....
I've missed out on a lot of recent updates because my employer changed their firewall and blocked Blogger! The nerve! I guess they actually expect me to devote all of my time to working or something...
This weekend I am in Philadelphia for work. My company is co-hosting a continuing education seminar at the Courtyard Marriott downtown. This place is beautiful! We are right in City Center and, I'm telling you, this is the prettiest/best Courtyard I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot). So far I haven't had much time to see the sites but I do love Philly; with the exception of the sports teams. I was able to meet up with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in a couple of years. We went to El Vez for dinner. It was a really neat, really popular, Mexican Fusion restaurant just a few blocks from the hotel. We had lump crab guacamole (to DIE for) and I had the shrimp tacos. The portions are perfect! I highly recommend it. Afterwards, we ventured over to Capogiro! Capogiro claims to have the #1 BEST gelato in the world and I'm here to tell you that they're right! I got a small gelato with two flavors: chocolate chip and sweet Amish milk. OMG! Amazing.... I still need to get a good ol' fashioned Philly cheese steak so stay tuned for that. There was a nice debate on my FB wall about who makes the best Philly in Philly so I hope to help end that debate.
Back at home, Jeff and I are still trying to get used to his new schedule. He is working more hours and they're a little different. Sometimes it is hard getting adjusted to a new normal. I've heard that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit so hopefully we're in the home stretch of our 'adjustment'. It is amazing how a slight change can completely throw off your routine.
Family update: We had lots of birthdays over the last 30-60 days. Rachael turned 19 on March 7th, Brandi turned 30 on March 19th, I turned 27 on April 7th, Ally turned 15 on April 12th and Lilly Bug turned 4 on April 19th! It has been a wonderful, busy couple of months celebrating with all these beautiful ladies. I've been able to spend some great times with my family and I love every second of it. On another note, Rachael just completed her first year of college and I seriously couldn't be more proud! Such an accomplishment!
Well, I should probably pay attention to this seminar instead of gabbing with the "world wide web and cyberspace" - as Jeff calls it.
Toodles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pat's is the best Philly steak place. I don't know, because I don't like Philly steak, but ALL of my brothers say so. Chris actually used to live a couple blocks from it, so when we'd visit my dad and brothers would go get them. I forget the other big place up there, but I've heard Pat's is the best.
ReplyDelete