I know that a lot of folks on Facebook have been listing something that they're thankful for each day. I found it hard to jump on the bandwagon because I'm a procrastinator and didn't want to think about 'catching up' on the days that I missed. HA! So now that the holiday is over and I've had some time to settle back in to normal life, I thought I'd list a few things that I'm truly thankful for...
1) My Heavenly Father. I'm a sinner and daily fall short of His grace but I can still feel Him around me every day. I am blessed and I know that it is all because God loves me regardless of my faults.
2) Jeff. My husband is an amazing man. He is my best friend and the love of my life. My life is better because he is a part of it. He is my partner and team mate. He makes me whole.
3) My Family. This is a broad statement. I have a wonderfully large family. I have more parents, grandparents and siblings then most. I have a BUNCH of aunts, uncles and cousins. I'm thankful for each and every one of them. They have all played a special role in my life and make me a better person.
4) Good Friends. There are some people in this world that make an impression on you not because they have to, but because they choose to. Jeff and I have so many wonderful friends that enrich our lives. We are truly grateful.
5) Good Health. Good health is not a guarantee. We are not promised it. At this moment in time, Jeff and I are both healthy and happy people and I'm thrilled about that.
6) Employment. Jeff and I both have great jobs that allow us to live comfortable, meaningful lives. We both have an obligation to provide for our household and our jobs create a vehicle for that. We are also blessed with great supervisors who work well with us through good times and bad.
7) I have everything that I need. In life, we don't always get the things that we want but it's important to recognize that your basic needs are fulfilled. I have food to eat, a home to live in, a job to provide these things and a loving husband to share it all with.
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you and may we never forget how wonderful this life really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment