Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Content-ness

I don't know if "contentness" is really a word so I thought hyphenating it would make it work. Right? Right.

A couple of blogs ago, I made a reference to getting my rear end back in the gym. While I can't say that I'm officially back on the bandwagon, I've at least made an effort to eat better and work out the last 2 days and I'm already half way through day 3. It's all about the habit/routine. I need to stop making excuses (seriously).

Back to the content title and the whole purpose of my post today. Living a healthy lifestyle is directly correlated to being happy. I don't want to preface that with 'I think' because it is fact. Putting good in gets good out. I find myself in a very good place today. I'm in a good mood and I'm feeling energetic and productive. It all points to eating right and exercising. Since I've been back in the gym, I have more energy to do day-to-day tasks. I have more patience to deal with the small challenges that pop up throughout the day. I just feel better.

I'm absolutely horrible about sticking to a healthy routine. I love eating Kraft Mac n' Cheese (from the box), drinking beer and smoking cigarettes. I know what I'm supposed to do and what I'm not. With that said, I'm not preaching about living healthy. I just feel really good today! Very content :)

Housekeeping note: I totally forgot to mention my two 'boys' in my Thanksgiving blog. Sony (Bigs) and Bose (The Rat) are my two crazy cats that I absolutely adore. They make us laugh every single day. I love that I was able to introduce Jeff to a life that involves pets and now he couldn't imagine life any other way!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you my love! I too have struggled with the dedication to working out!

    ReplyDelete