Monday, August 8, 2011

Women and Men Do NOT Speakity the Same Lingity....

When Jeff and I got married, my Nannie bought us both these GREAT books from Yoder's Country Market in Madison. Naturally I don't remember the names of the books and they're in storage so I can't find them at the moment but anyway... Mine was a book about men (for women) and Jeff's was, well, the other way around. It was Christian based and SO true. I mean, we had no idea how true it would be but we seriously live these books every day. I thought I'd share some examples of what we know to be certain.

1) Men can think of about 3 things at once (usually 2). Women can think of about 15 things at once. Considering us ladies eventually become mothers, this isn't really a shock for me. It was, however, a huge shock for my husband. Here is how the conversation went:
Jeff - "Babe, can you SERIOUSLY think of that many things at one time?"
Me - "Sure! Usually I have a lot going on in my head. Work, house cleaning, making time for the gym, money, food, you name it. That is why it is so hard for me to go to sleep sometimes; my brain doesn't shut off."
Jeff - "Wow... That's crazy. I literally think two things consistently: When/what is my next meal and when will you and I have sex again."

Wuv. Twue Wuv.

2) Men can change their feelings like a light switch. One second they're pissed off about something and the next second they're perfectly fine as if nothing ever happened. Us girls are a little more like dimmers. We get mad and it takes a liiiittttle time for us to just 'get over it'. This is still a tough one for Jeff to understand. He wants me to just not be mad anymore! I mean, come on Sam!

3) Men need sex. It is how God made them. They're not disgusting pigs because of it. If it weren't for the male sex drive, the world would not be nearly as populated. The thing is, this part isn't nearly as complicated as the world makes it out to be. They just want sex - whenever/wherever and they'll be really happy if they get it.

4) Women need more then sex. Imagine that. Considering that 99% of the people that actually read my blog are women, I don't really need to explain this much further. Simply put, it is more important for us that our guy takes out the trash occasionally.

5) Communicate with your spouse! I have met SO many people that have this problem in their marriage. Here are some conversations that I've had over the years:

Girl - "My husband didn't get me anything for Christmas! Whatever!"
Sam - "Really?? Why is that?"
Girl - "Well, we decided we weren't going to do gifts because of money but I bought him something!"

Men are very simple creatures. If you want something, tell them. If you tell them you don't want it, they'll assume you're telling them the truth.

Girl - "I can't believe my boyfriend got me (insert gift) for my birthday! I wanted a (insert different gift)!"
Sam - "Did you tell him you wanted that?"
Girl - "Well, no."

I can't make this stuff up.

Anyway, those were some of the main points that really stuck out to us and have provided some much needed insight. What words of wisdom were you given prior to getting married that stayed with you?

1 comment:

  1. I have had soooooooo many conversations like the latter two in example #5 with my coworkers. It astounds me at times the things they say about their men!

    ReplyDelete