July and August have been the month for car problems. July started off with Jeff's old Jeep dying. We were thrilled to be able to purchase a new one pretty quickly but the challenges we experienced with the dealership were outrageous. Advice: Never buy a car out of state. Because we bought the car on a trip to NC while visiting Jeff's parents, the paperwork process worked a bit differently. Instead of the dealership sending all of the information directly to the DMV, they had to mail it to us in VA for us to process it personally (no big deal). The problem, however, was that the dealership didn't send us the paperwork on time and our temporary tags expired! Believe me, we were calling them every day to get updates and were consistently pushed aside and, seriously, lied to. I was flabbergasted! The story goes on and on but I won't bore you with the details. Thankfully we got the paperwork (better late than never) and are taking care of everything this week.
Also, my car was hit when I was driving home from work about two weeks ago. Thankfully the lady that hit me took full responsibility for the accident and her insurance company has been great. Regardless of the situation, dealing with car problem is still a hiccup in your day to day. Luckily I was provided with a rental at no cost but can I just say.... they couldn't have given me an uglier car. Ever seen a Chevy HHR? Google it. *gross* I finally got my Cobalt back yesterday and I was so glad to see her! She is SOOOO pretty! She looks better than the day I bought her. (Yes, she's a girl)
Anyway, here's to no more car trouble - at least for a while... please?
No comments:
Post a Comment