I've had a rewarding last few days!
Over the weekend, I was asked to edit my first novel! This is something I've wanted to do for a long time and I'm so excited to be given the opportunity. Now, if you've read my blog, you know that I need to brush up on my skills a bit. Over the next few months, I'm going to study and re-teach myself the basics of spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. It is something so easy to forget when you don't use it all the time. I do some minor editing at work and I love reviewing other people's writing and providing feedback (when asked, obviously). I'm excited to post my updates on this process as I go!
This week, I'm also spending time in Sarasota, Florida for my 'real job'. A big part of my job is recruiting Speech Therapists to provide Endoscopy services to nursing homes (they do swallowing tests for patients that have trouble with eating/drinking). As a recruiter, I have a pretty basic 'script' that I use when talking to candidates. This week, I was able to see what our therapists do up close and personal. I feel like I'm completely re-energized about my job and that I have my own story to tell now. I'm going to be in Florida for another couple of days so I plan on posting some stories later this week.
I'm feeling content this week and I like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment