This weekend, Jeff and I will head to Harrisonburg to watch my sister, Rachael, graduate from East Rockingham High School. This is such a wonderful, bittersweet moment for me. If you know my family, you know that there is a rather considerable age difference between me and my sisters; 8 years between Rachael and I, 12 years between Ally and I.
I'm not here to say that I feel "olllllddddd" or anything (which I do a little), but really it is just amazing how fast time flies. I can't believe that it has been 8 years since I graduated high school myself! In that 8 years, I have created a life for myself in Northern Virginia, graduated college, and married my best buddy! It is crazy to think that Ally will be graduting in just 4 more, short years and that Rachael is heading off to start her college career.
Sometimes I want to slow life down, but other times I'm just so excited to see what's next. I'm excited to watch Rachael graduate high school, go to college, graduate college and start her own life - same for Ally. With that, I do wish life had a rewind button so we could play certain moments over again. I wish that I could go back to see them as babies (they were the cutest, seriously!). I wish that I could replay my wedding day. I wish that I could go back to the day my niece was born.
So many wonderful memories and many, many more to come. Congratulations, Rachael!
No comments:
Post a Comment